If you are looking for a non- surgical facelift or you just want to smooth out a few fine lines or fill in deep-set wrinkles, injectables are for you. Millions of people use dermal fillers to achieve a more relaxed and smooth facial appearance while still having the freedom of expression. As skin ages, it begins to lose collagen and hyaluronic acid (HA). Collagen and HA add structure and volume to the face, therefore a lack of HA causes the skin to sag and wrinkle – that’s where dermal fillers come into play.
Dermal fillers are smooth injectable gels made from naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. Dermal fillers add volume to weakened facial features and can stimulate collagen growth. Each dermal filler is unique in its own way but similar in two. First, they plump skin and gently lift it to restore collagen loss due to the normal aging process. Secondly, dermal fillers motivate the body to create its own natural collagen and restore your face to a more natural, youthful appearance.
Dermal fillers approved by the FDA are minimally invasive and very safe. As with any procedure, there are possible risks, the most common being post-procedure bruising and swelling which are usually very minimal and resolve quickly.
Dermal filler treatments typically take 20-40 minutes and the amount of dermal filler needed will depend on volume loss and the areas you would like to restore to its natural beauty. You will see results immediately after treatment.
What Can Dermal Fillers Do?
- Fill in smile lines- nasolabial folds
- Help downturned oral commissures- corners of the mouth
- Marionette Lines- creases between the corners of the mouth and chin
- Lip enhancement
- Add fullness in areas with loss of volume, such as:
1. Thinned lips
2. Cheeks, mid-face volume loss
3. Deficient intra-oral volume (black spaces between gums and teeth)
4. Pre-jowl sulcus (sagging jowls)
5. Temples, under the eye, earlobe creases
What Types of Fillers are Available?
- “Permanent” fillers (2-5+ years)
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Fillers:
- Semi-permanent fillers (12-24 months)
- Temporary fillers (3-12 months)
- PDO (Polydioxanone) Thread (Suture) Fillers
Why PDO Threads?
- Excellent for sagging skin
- Minimally invasive
- Generally, last 1 ½- 2 years, depending on the patient
- You look like yourself except younger
- Rebuilds sub-structure with collagen, elastin, HA
- Solid fillers act like a scaffold
- Immediate visible results
- The thread will slowly dissolve over 3-4 months; the body reacts to the dissolving thread by producing collagen!
Types of PDO Threads: Smooth and Lifting Filler Threads
Solid Filler PDO Thread Applications:
- Crepey Orange Peel Skin
- Glabellar (between eyebrows) Frown Lines
- Radial Lip Lines (smoker’s lines, straw-sipping lines)
- Double Chin Smooth and Tighten
- Lip “Pop”
- Downturned Mouth Edges
- Creases Between Mouth Edges and Chin
Lifting Thread Applications: wherever the skin is sagging
- 3 Vector Cheek and Jowl Lift
- 2 Vector Jaw Lift
- Oral Commissure Lift
- Much more: abdomen, décolletage, forearms, waist, hip, neck and cleavage, buttocks, armpits, knees
FILLER BEFORE & AFTERS